Jun 29, 2018
Following extensive market research, Tourism and Events Queensland is focusing its marketing efforts on high value travellers in order to gain market share and increase overnight visitor expenditure (OVE) in Queensland.
Why are high value travellers important?
High value travellers are domestic travellers who:
- generate a disproportionate share of OVE for Queensland
- engage in leisure travel
- spend more than the average traveller on leisure trips
- are interested in the types of leisure experiences Queensland offers, from islands and beaches to nature-based experiences and events
How can you benefit?
You can use these profiles to refine and target your marketing efforts and get better conversion for your tourism business.
TEQ has developed profiles on Queensland's domestic high value traveller market segments, which combined represent approximately one-fifth of all Australians - four million Australians living interstate, and 1.1 million Queenslanders.
Each profile includes:
- Geographic and demographic information, such as employment status, age and location
- Top factors for booking holidays, such as value for money or coastal experiences
- Holiday planning and booking inspiration, such as travel websites or talking to friends/relatives
Preferred types of holidays and length of trips, such as a short break or a beach holiday.
For More Information Click Here
Back to news